Friday, October 23, 2009

Entranced by the Beauty of the Season

While walking my poochie today I found myself entranced by autumn. It had rained last night and the streets are still wet. Ever notice how the rain increases the fragrances outside? It enhances them and gives an almost cleaner, clearer quality to the sweet pungent scent of this season. Leaves are everywhere. Gold, yellow, garnet, orange, everywhere you look. Those leaves affect the quality of the light, making it bright where it would otherwise be dim due to the cloudiness.

I’m in no way ready for the cold of winter. I’m not sure that I’m even quite ready for fall, but there is something about this time of year that comforts me. Maybe it’s the familiarity, the ability to wear some of my favorite warmer clothes or merely the fact that it’s over all too soon that makes this season so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so enjoy reading your sweet comments.