Friday, November 13, 2009

An Award!




I am honored to have received the Kreative Blogger award from Bonjour Madame. Thank you so much. I hope my blog lives up to the honor. As part of the blog award I believe I am supposed to share seven things about myself that you might not know. So here it goes:

1. I am currently attending a conference at the Opryland Hotel & Convention Center. It’s enormous. Which is one of the reasons it’s taken me so long to post about the award. I’ve been lost in the facility the entire time! Ok, not really.

2. I first rode a horse solo when I was 6 months old. My dad walked along beside, it was his horse. My mom was royally ticked off about it, but that never stopped him. It at least explains why I have no memories of learning to ride.

3. Over a year ago I adopted a badly neglected German Shepherd who was picked up by Animal Control and was then given to a local shelter which named the dog, Faith. I saw Faith’s photo the shelter’s website and instantly fell in love. I’d grown up with German Shepherd’s and have been wanting one for a long time. Two days later I brought home. I think her photo shows how terrible her condition was. Now she is happy and healthy and a source of great joy in our family.

4. I love British mysteries, particularly BBC productions.

5. I don’t have tv service (cable/satellite/antennae) and I’m happier that way….especially more productive.

6. I once moved a total of 10 times within 3 years. Ever since then I’ve had a hard time unpacking after a move, and I’ve moved a number of times since those 10 moves. I suppose there are worse aversions to have.

7. When I was a child, there was a frog who lived in our yard who would come when I called its name. I would catch flies and feed them to him. Really.

Thanks again to Bonjour Madame!

1 comment:

  1. I love this list, it is so interesting. You seem to have a way with animals. You are only the 2nd blogger I know of who does not have cable service and I think it's great. There is nothing more that I feel takes up so much of my free time than the television. When our cable is out, suddenly I've got all sorts of time to do everything.

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your sweet comments.