Sunday, January 31, 2010

February Designs

I don't consider January a particularly successful month in terms of meeting my intentions. I have found myself more interested in zoning out rather than focusing on that which I aspire to. Perhaps it was the cold and cloudiness or maybe I'm just lazy and unmotivated.

January Intentions Report
1. 1 thing in - 1 thing out. With the exception of grocery items, birthdays and Christmas, for anything new that comes into our home, something of comparable use/space must leave our home whether through donation, gifting, selling, etc.
2. No book buying during this month. I've got oodles to read already. (Done)
3. At least 10 min yoga per day for 30 days. (Not Done)
4. Cook at home from scratch 3 times per week. (Did well some weeks, but not all)
5. Limit refined sugar to once per week. (Limited to 3x/wk)
6. Review finances every week (e.g. record and pay bills). (Not Done)

The past couple weeks I've been reading Suzy Welch's 10-10-10 book. I first read about her 10-10-10 system when she wrote an article on it for O Magazine in 2006. I thought it a valuable concept, but didn't entirely understand it. Luckily I found her book at the library. I'll chat more about it later, but for now I will mention her concept of designing one's own life. Certainly this concept is not hers alone, but when combined with other aspects of the book it spoke to me. Perhaps I just needed to hear it now. I've certainly heard it before, but you know what they say, when the student is ready, the teacher will come.

February Designs
1. Continue one in and one out.
2. Continue no book buying.
3. Cook at home 3x/wk.
4. Exercise 6 days/wk.
5. No eating after 7pm.
6. Review finances weekly.
7. Eat at least 1 serving of veggies daily.
8. Almost forgot, limit refined sugar indulgences to once per week.

Though more ambitious than this past month, I think I can do it. I think I can...I think I can...

5 comments:

  1. I love your open-ness, and wanted to offer some support on your yoga regimen. I couldn't do without my morning and evening yoga sessions - most often between 5-20 minutes. I call it "stretching", not exercise, and laugh at my two cats and little dog as they lie close by. No TV - soft light - no music (unless it's one of those yoga CDs) - and it enables me to move throughout the day at a faster pace. My daughter (25 years old) has started her own routine from having watched me for years. Good luck. Just commit to 10-15 minutes each morning - it goes by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of goals, but I'm sure you can do it. You have my support, and I can't wait to hear your progress at the end of this month! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think January is an awful month especially because of the cold...I just wanna stay indoor! I love your goals...I always set up goals to myself as well but I feel so disappointed when I'm not able to achieve them :-(

    Keep up the great work!

    Hope you having a lovely weekend, cheers: Evi

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just flat out gave up on my goals for JAnuary...but I keep thinking it would be nice to at least work on my exercise goal. perhaps this month will be better for me!
    xoxo alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are your goals going this month? :-)

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your sweet comments.